Life is crazy sometimes. Crazy, and funny, and sad, and frustrating, and all together good. While many of you can appreciate life with little kids, I'm sure that most of you would just like to catch up with us. We all live so far away, that we miss the day to day happenings, and this is a small way of trying to keep everyone connected. We'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to post comments.

Please feel free to share the blog, but don't publish the pictures or contents without my permission. Thanks.


Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Asher is ONE!!

Well, today is the day. My baby is one. The year has flown by. Today is a little bittersweet because the "baby" is now going away and very quickly becoming a toddler.

When Nina was born, we were so excited to share her with the world. "Come see the baby"....and they all came. We let the grandparents babysit her, friends hold her - sharing her all along the way. That's what you do with the firstborn. Look at her! We made her!!

Asher has been different. I've held him a little closer, a little longer, a little tighter. He's been mine. I haven't wanted to nor felt the need to share him with anyone. He's my last baby and it makes me sad that he's getting so big. Bound to happen, I know, but still sad. I didn't invite anyone over to see him, barely let anyone hold him, and have certainly never left him for any length of time. He's mine. I'll share him with Blake, but I think he understands my obsessiveness and just lets me be.

So, today we celebrate the big day with song, cake, presents, and yes, quite a few tears.

No comments: