Life is crazy sometimes. Crazy, and funny, and sad, and frustrating, and all together good. While many of you can appreciate life with little kids, I'm sure that most of you would just like to catch up with us. We all live so far away, that we miss the day to day happenings, and this is a small way of trying to keep everyone connected. We'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to post comments.

Please feel free to share the blog, but don't publish the pictures or contents without my permission. Thanks.


Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's a major award!!!!



I entered Nina's Mary Poppins dress in the Simplicity Pattern Halloween Costume Contest.....and I WON!!!! I had to send them the dress last week, just to be sure that I made the entire thing, and didn't alter a commercial costume. I made the dress for Nina as a surprise when we went to Disney World this past September. For the past couple of years, she's been asking for the white Mary Poppins dress, "not the ugly Nanny one, Mommy", so I put one together "loosely" based on a Simplicity flower girl dress pattern. It look a lot of altering and adding on, but I guess they liked it. They will let me know in the next couple of weeks if I won the Grand Prize, or if I got something smaller. Either way, it won't be a leg lamp!!! (at least I hope not). Now, if they'd only give me a job, paying lots of money, where I can work from home, my own little delusional world would be complete.

1 comment:

JHMAHON said...

WOW! Congratulations! Now the whole world will know of your talent. Just remember the little people on your way up!