Life is crazy sometimes. Crazy, and funny, and sad, and frustrating, and all together good. While many of you can appreciate life with little kids, I'm sure that most of you would just like to catch up with us. We all live so far away, that we miss the day to day happenings, and this is a small way of trying to keep everyone connected. We'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to post comments.

Please feel free to share the blog, but don't publish the pictures or contents without my permission. Thanks.


Friday, April 11, 2008

Book Club - Part 2

The other part of this new book club is that we all need to bring something to eat. Last time, Ginger made the Thai Pizza, Megan made a veggie pizza, Bridget made guacamole, Kelly brought these amazing cupcakes (I had two), and I brought Pillsbury Sugar Cookies - aka - Christmas cookies at our house. Yes, the cut and bake kind. I added some pink sugar sprinkles. I tried. A little. No one ate them. I ate them all at home over the next few days. Didn't bother me one bit. I am hosting book club this time around. Everyone is coming over here on Tuesday, and the to-do list is huge before that actually happens. Not to mention that I need to redeem myself for the pathetic cookies. I don't like to cook. I make really excellent bar food: salads, soup, sandwiches, basically anything that can be made with a sink, hot plate, and microwave. I can also open a bottle of wine with no effort, so that insures that I will never get kicked out of the club. On my "to-do" list is: replace living room carpet, get dog washed, remove the pile of artwork from the dining room table, actually frame a few pictures of Asher so it looks like we have two kids, hide all traces of children living here, hang the "I love NPR" magnets on the fridge, repaint entire first floor....oh hell, maybe we'll just have the meeting at the Holiday Inn. They have a bar.

No comments: