Life is crazy sometimes. Crazy, and funny, and sad, and frustrating, and all together good. While many of you can appreciate life with little kids, I'm sure that most of you would just like to catch up with us. We all live so far away, that we miss the day to day happenings, and this is a small way of trying to keep everyone connected. We'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to post comments.

Please feel free to share the blog, but don't publish the pictures or contents without my permission. Thanks.


Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Say it with me....HOOOO-AHHH


Can you smell it? It's in the air. It's.....it's.....it's GARAGE SALE SEASON!!!! Yippee-Skippy-Yeeee!!!! The lure of items that I really don't need (we are living with less after all), but are so stinking cheap that I REALLY do need them - right down to my very core I need them. Mainly, we are looking for a bigger bike for Nina because I refuse to give those bastards at Toys-R-Us any of my money. I'm also always on the hunt for treasures from the 40s, and 50s. Top of the list are vinyl suitcases, travel tablecloths, wood scrabble letters (don't need the board), and dotted Pyrex bowls. And I'm cheap. Really cheap. I have a cap of $5 on most items, but prefer things that can be bought with my loose change. I have started filling up my wallet with singles because the Hills town wide yard sale is this Saturday. My heart is racing already.
Asher and I just picked up this gorgeous robin-egg-blue case from Goodwill this morning. It's a repo, but I don't care. I don't think that Nina's Polly Pockets will care either. They never had it so good.

No comments: