Life is crazy sometimes. Crazy, and funny, and sad, and frustrating, and all together good. While many of you can appreciate life with little kids, I'm sure that most of you would just like to catch up with us. We all live so far away, that we miss the day to day happenings, and this is a small way of trying to keep everyone connected. We'd love to hear from you, so please feel free to post comments.

Please feel free to share the blog, but don't publish the pictures or contents without my permission. Thanks.


Thursday, March 20, 2008

Must be nice.....

So, it's 4:30 in the morning, and I can't sleep. This is not unusual. My mind starts racing about all the projects that are piled in my studio, a free knitting pattern that I wanted to print off the computer, the stack of clothes that need to get sold, grocery lists, and about a million other things. On this morning, however, something that happened yesterday has kept me up.

After I dropped Nina off at school, I stood around talking to my friend, Ginger. Our lives are similar, so it's always nice to chat with someone who feels the same pulls of family, money, lack of time....and on and on. Another mom, Sabrina, came in to drop her daughter off and told us how she was going to the King of Prussia mall today... BY HERSELF!!! Well, Ginger and I looked like deer caught in a headlight. We couldn't believe what she was saying....it wasn't a "oh, you poor pathetic thing. You have to go to the mall all by yourself" feeling. It was more of a "how in the hell did you swing that" feeling. You mean to tell me that you not only get to go out for the day without children and a husband, but you'll probably get to eat a hot lunch, most likely get to pee by yourself, and even to get try on clothes without your five year old asking (in a VERY loud voice) "Mommy. When I grow up, will I have fur on my bottom just like you"? E-gads!!! ALL BY HERSELF. Imagine. That's about all I can do.

No comments: